The Ukuvusa Experience in South Africa: May 14-23, 2020
Ukuvusa means “to awaken” in the native South African Xhosa language. Register now for The Ukuvusa Experience May 14-23, 2020 as we venture from Cape Town to Johannesburg with a safari experience in between. This Experience will serve as a catalyst for new levels of awakening within travelers who are ready to explore their own and locals’ stories amidst the beautiful backdrop of South Africa.
Dr. Zitty Nxumalo, founder and CEO of Deftable, Inc., a South Africa and Swaziland native, and Life Design Catalyst Coach in the School of Health and Human Sciences at UNCG, and Suncierge founder and CEO, Christie Soper, have partnered to lead an intimate group of just 12 travelers to explore South Africa through a truly local, authentic and immersive lens.
Join like-minded explorers on the most unique African travel experience custom-designed for 10 bucket list-breaking days of culture + nature + adventure in a private, safe, and uplifting setting.
As the capstone experience, you’ll participate in the first cross-continental Storytime & Wine reception being hosted on the last day of this exclusive journey in Johannesburg. Meet South African leaders - all of whom are female members of Dr. Nxumalo’s extended family – who are excelling in politics, banking, leadership development, and business.
- Captivating Cape Town’s cultural roots and breathtaking natural beauty
- Table Mountain, Afrikaans Language Monument and Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve
- A day well-spent in the Cape Winelands
- “Big Five” game drives through private, malaria-free safari reserves
- UNESCO Heritage Site of Robben Island
- Peninsula exploration and sea kayaking to penguin colonies
- A visit with a South African community, including a school tour to visit classrooms and meet teachers and staff
- Johannesburg and the Cradle of Humankind archaeological tour
- Interactive cooking class featuring local cuisine, beer, and wine
- “Storytime and Wine” Reception with the accomplished female South African community, business, and academic leaders
- Professor-led interactive rhythm and drum experience at the University of Cape Town
- Animal conservation education and so much more!
ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA:
This vast country is undoubtedly one of the most culturally and geographically diverse places on earth. Fondly known by locals as the 'Rainbow Nation', South Africa has 11 official languages and its multicultural inhabitants are influenced by a fascinating mix of cultures.
Discover the gourmet restaurants, impressive art scene, vibrant nightlife and beautiful beaches of Cape Town; enjoy a local braai (barbecue) in the Soweto township; browse the bustling Indian markets in Durban, or sample some of the world’s finest wines at the myriad wine estates dotting the Cape Winelands.
Some historical attractions to explore include the Zululand battlefields of KwaZulu-Natal, the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg and Robben Island, just off the coast of Cape Town. Above all else, its remarkably untamed wilderness with its astonishing range of wildlife roaming freely across massive unfenced game reserves such as the world-famous Kruger National Park.
With all of this variety on offer, it is little wonder that South Africa has fast become Africa’s most popular destination.
14 MAY 2020 - 18 MAY 2020 (FOUR NIGHTS)
Resting at the confluence of the Indian and Atlantic oceans, sandwiched between the slopes of the iconic Table Mountain and the glistening sapphire waters of Table Bay, the exceptionally scenic city of Cape Town is in a class of its own.
Some cities boast rich culture, vibrant nightlife, a cosmopolitan atmosphere, and extraordinary architecture, while others boast breathtaking landscapes and extraordinary natural wonders. Cape Town is lucky enough to be blessed with all of these attractions and so much more.
With its bustling harbour, world-class beaches, top-notch vineyards, and its mountainous surroundings brimming with diverse flora and fauna, Cape Town consistently captivates the hearts of all who visit.
SAFARI: KAPAMA PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
18 MAY 2020 - 21 MAY 2020 (THREE NIGHTS)
Stretching across 15,000 hectares, towards the Kruger area in South Africa, Kapama Private Game Reserve provides an authentic African safari experience. The reserve provides a range of stylish accommodation across four refined lodges and bush camps.
Offering a wide range of options, from a traditional African safari camp to top-notch luxury suites. Kapama is home to the Big Five and is known for its diverse wildlife experiences which can be enjoyed on one of many game drives offering fascinating encounters with plentiful wildlife.
Visitors can look forward to a variety of wonderful activities including excellent game viewing, enjoying a relaxing spa experience and stargazing after a lamp-lit dinner under the African night sky.
21 MAY 2020 - 23 MAY 2020 (TWO NIGHTS)
Johannesburg is one of Africa’s biggest and most vibrant cities. It is the economic capital of Africa and the gateway to Southern Africa.
Although not as famous as other South African destinations, there is plenty to do in Johannesburg and nearby Pretoria.
The old city is a multi-cultural mixture of traditional medicine shops, Chinese restaurants, taxi ranks, and ultra-modern skyscrapers. There are excellent museums, art galleries and organized tours of historical and political interest.
The shopping is Southern Africa’s best and the many restaurants cater to all tastes. The nearby township of Soweto is Johannesburg’s most popular tourist attraction.
- All private road transfers including to/from airports, accommodations, and experiences
- Regional flights in South Africa
- Accommodations for 4 nights at the Taj Cape Town in a Luxury Mountain View Room, 3 nights at the Kapama River Lodge in a suite, and 2 nights at the Da Vinci Hotel on Nelson Mandela Square
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 6 dinners
- Private interactive cooking class featuring local cuisine, beer, and wine
- Private “Storytime and Wine” Reception with highly accomplished female South African community, business, and academic leaders
- Private professor-led interactive rhythm and drum experience at the University of Cape Town
- Tasting fees during the day in wine country
- Gratuities for guides and transfers
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Endangered species center visit
- Entrance fees for all touring as mentioned
- International airfare (Note: Suncierge will provide best value flight recommendations once you're registered for the experience. You can purchase through us or on your own.)
- Laundry service
- Optional excursions while on safari: elephant interaction, hot air balloon experience, and panoramic tour
- Items of a personal nature and not specifically referenced
- Travel insurance, which we strongly recommend to protect your investment
Total Per Person (Based on Two People Per Room): $5,149 USD
For a Solo Traveler Private Room, add $1,200 USD. Or let us know if you would like a same-gender roommate assigned to share a room.
Deposit due now to confirm your seat = $2,000 USD. Deposit deadline is November 25, 2019.
Second payment due Jan 1 = $2,000 USD
Final payment due March 1 = $1,149 USD
The maximum capacity is 12 travelers.
Please note: Cost is based on the current exchange rate for the South African Rand and may fluctuate until the final payment is complete. All payments are nonrefundable and we strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance coverage. For more information and assistance with finding the optimal coverage for you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our terms and conditions.
Reserve Your Spot
News from The Blog
At Suncierge, our dashboard monitoring of weather, health, political, economic and other conditions globally resembles a NASA-like rocket launch. It’s all in the name of making sure you’re educated in your decision-making and prioritization of travel goals.
Ways To Support Small Businesses through COVID-19 (and Beyond)
...as this ubiquitous virus has become a pandemic officially per the WHO (not the band, but the World Health Org) and the State Department has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory, Do Not Travel for...