Support Small Businesses through COVID-19 (and Beyond)From the Desk of Our CEO
- FOLLOW on social media! We are firmly in the “quality over quantity” camp unless we’re talking about wine….but we digress...More substantial followers on social media can help small businesses stand out and get noticed. It's hard out there competing with major companies that have aggressive marketing budgets!
- ENGAGE with that business on social media! The way most social media algorithms work, if there is strong engagement, that platform is more likely to push the content to Explore feeds, which increases the reach for these companies that may have limited advertising budgets. So get those fingers moving, tap those hearts, and leave a comment!
- REVIEW! Who doesn't look at reviews for a business before frequenting that establishment or booking their services?! If you loved the service you received, let other potential clients know what was so awesome.
Protip: You can edit posts to add additional hashtags if you didn't do this at the original time of posting.
- REFER! Word of mouth advertising is HUGE for many small businesses. Some of our favorite restaurants, hotels, and salons came to us by way of referrals from friends and family members. If you love what that business has to offer, chances are your friends and family will too, and they'll be thrilled with the recommendation. It's a virtuous cycle!
- TAG! #Hashtag that is, not the ubiquitous child's game. Again not to be a broken record but, minuscule advertising budgets are a thing. With user-generated content, potential customers can see what the business is all about from the perspective of people that are familiar with that brand. Just like all those food pictures you're posting, you can hashtag your travel advisors on images from the dream vacation they crafted for you! Protip: You can edit posts to add additional hashtags if you didn't do this at the original time of posting.
- SIGN UP! We know, we know, you're thinking, "not another email," hear us out. Email lists allow small businesses to reach customers directly and share news and offers. Unlike most major companies, you'll find that small businesses aren't sending daily emails, so no deluge of emails. This is a humble request that can have dramatic benefits for small businesses.
There are real people behind those company logos. At Suncierge, our day is made when our clients reach out with a token of appreciation!
- ADJUST! Many businesses are adjusting to a “new normal” during these unprecedented times and changing how they provide their services. Put on your Gumby pants and be flexible with them. Order take out, purchase a gift card, buy online from your local establishments, participate in the webinar, etc.
- SHARE THANKS! Many small businesses have tiny teams that are working their heinies off to build their businesses. Let them know that you're rooting for them. There are real people behind those company logos. At Suncierge, our day is made when our clients reach out with a token of appreciation!
At Suncierge, our dashboard monitoring of weather, health, political, economic and other conditions globally resembles a NASA-like rocket launch. It’s all in the name of making sure you’re educated in your decision-making and prioritization of travel goals.
...as this ubiquitous virus has become a pandemic officially per the WHO (not the band, but the World Health Org) and the State Department has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory, Do Not Travel for the world. Wow, what an unprecedented month at Suncierge! We started...
Christie Soper, founder and CEO of Suncierge, a North Carolina-based travel and concierge services company, has been awarded the designation of Top Producer in the Virtuoso Adventure Travel Community for 2019. This designation equips Suncierge with exclusive access,...